23 November 2008

Let it snow!

I don't have pictures yet, but it's snowing!

I used to make fun of my east coast friends for saying that you need to have seasons, but after a gorgeous autumn, and now walking out and finding the street truly covered in snow (not Boston style, but still a good half-inch dusting), I am starting to agree.

And since my snow tires are still in my friend's basement, 20 miles away, I guess I won't be driving for awhile. German law says that if you have an accident without appropriate tires, you're automatically at fault. (Which makes sense.) Last year it barely snowed at all, though, so I didn't feel pressed to change them this year. My bad.

And Nicole is going to be mad that I didn't cover the BBQ in time.

But nevertheless, I can't ignore the child-like glee of, "It's snowing!" Maybe it's because I spent my first 18 years in a place where it decidedly does not snow, or maybe it's because snow covers up a lot of ugliness, and, in this case, comes just at the right time to make the leafless trees look pretty again.

Whatever the reason, Berlin looks pretty tonight. Now just give me a month to get tired of slipping on the sidewalk.

No comments: