20 October 2008

August Catch Up

Two big events in August that I drafted a post for, but never posted, due to challenges getting the pictures aligned. As you can see, I've now just given up. Apologies!






Nicole knows a wonderful family, whose son, Ralf, is an accomplished musician and singer. As a result, I got to go to the "Night of 1000 Voices", a choral festival held in one of my favorite squares in Berlin, the Gendarmenmarkt. Berlin doesn't actually have very many "squares", in the traditional European sense (due, in part, to how the city was planned and, in part, the war). This is one of the gems. It was a wonderful show, in a beautiful setting, and I thank Ralf, his family, and Nicole, for the opportunity.

Ralf then outdid himself by inviting me to a Hertha BSC football game. Football being soccer, and Hertha BSC being Berlin's beloved team. They play at the Olympic Stadium, and it was my first time seeing them, and my first time seeing the stadium in person. We capped that off with a wonderful dinner at a great Italian restaurant.

Both events were monumentally great (although Hertha tied 1-1).

Thanks to everyone for continuing my cultural education, even if I do look like a fool with a long football scarf around my neck.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Looks great! Thanks for sharing the post.