16 January 2008

Incisive, well-researched political entertainment...I mean, coverage

I know I still owe a real update, but I came across this and thought I'd share it. (Thanks, Harry Shearer).

It's not a startling, dramatic, or shocking clip. It's just the camera running off-air in between on-air segments of Katie Couric covering the presidential campaign.

But watch it a couple of times and it becomes, at the very least, unsettling.

Katie is no Dan Rather, but as far as I understand it, she's a "respected, seasoned journalist" and I'm sure some people rely on her for news and analysis. Having watched this, I'm not sure I would rely on her to order a pizza without her staff to help.

And I don't mean to single her out. I'm sure this is actually pretty tame, compared to what other "journalists" are like.

Sigh. Oh well, back to WSJ Online.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=30054

No comments: